Are you moving to Danville, VA or recently arrived in our charming city? Welcome! In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know to settle in. From neighborhoods to entertainment, healthcare, and more, we think you’ll agree with us that Danville is a great place to call home!
Located in South-Central Virginia, Danville is an independent city and named a Top Digital City in America by the Center for Digital Government and Digital Communities. With a median home price of $69,100 and a cost of living that is 28.5% lower than the U.S average, Danville is an affordable place to call home for people at all stages of life. Plus, we have lots of fun arts, recreation, and entertainment options here!
Depending on your lifestyle preferences and the type of home you’re looking for, find your perfect neighborhood for raising a family, enjoying the retired life, or living on your own for the first time. Nextdoor goes beyond these 10 regions of Danville to include 38 neighborhoods or communities.
- Golf Club Rd/Franklin Tpke: Suburban neighborhood in Northern Danville with single-family and mobile homes.
- Averett U/W Main St.: Central Danville neighborhood with a mix of single-family homes and apartment buildings.
- Blairs: A more rural neighborhood on the Western border of Danville with single-family and mobile homes.
- Westover Hills: Central Danville suburban neighborhood with single-family and mobile homes.
- Vandola/Bachelors Hall: Rural neighborhood in South Danville with single-family and mobile homes.
- Mount Cross/Brosville: Northwestern Danville neighborhood with a rural feel and single-family and mobile homes.
- Pleasant Grove: South Danville neighborhood with a suburban feel and a mix of single-family and mobile homes.
- Almagro: Suburban neighborhood with single-family homes and small apartment buildings.
- Riverside Dr/Westover Dr: Suburban neighborhood with single-family homes and high-rise apartment complexes.
- S. Boston Rd. / Kentuck Rd.: Historic neighborhood with older homes.
The City of Danville provides water, gas, and electricity to residents. You can call (434) 799-5155 with questions or to open a new account. Danville residents can choose from a variety of private companies for phone, Internet, and cable services.
Danville Public Schools is the local school district with six elementary schools, two middle schools, and two high schools. Free, full-day educational opportunities are available for preschoolers and kindergarten students.
If you’re looking for private school options in Danville, check out Westover Christian Academy and Sacred Heart Catholic School.
Educational options in Danville extend to college with Danville Community College, Averett University, and American National University.
Danville’s healthcare needs are served by the day surgery center and 250-bed community hospital linked to below. You can also find a Sovah Physicians practice to meet your non-urgent medical needs.
Arts & Entertainment
Danville’s rich history and status as a college town contribute to its thriving arts scene today. Enjoy year-round cultural opportunities such as:
- Arts @ Averett Series
- The Arts Commission of Danville
- Danville Symphony Orchestra
- Danville Concert Association
- Smokestack Theatre Company
- Danville Museum of Fine Arts & History
Parks & Recreation
Danville’s Parks and Recreation Department maintains a variety of parks throughout Danville with walking and biking trails, hiking, and more.
- The Danville Harvest Jubilee
- Complete list of parks in Danville
- Programs and Events
- Riverwalk Trail and Outdoor Recreation
- Osprey Cam
Danville River District
The Danville River District is an in-process development project to revitalize Danville’s Historic District and Tobacco Warehouse District. The River District has been the commercial heart of Danville since the late 18th century, and contains several pieces of historically-significant architecture. This space is used throughout the year as a venue for a number of community events. Learn more about what has already been done in the first nine years of the project and what is still to come!
Starting a Business in Danville
Are you relocating your small business to Danville or looking to start a new entrepreneurial endeavor here? Danville boasts an affordable and “business-friendly” environment with major employers in healthcare, Goodyear, Nestle, and more. Learn more about Danville City Business Licenses and Zoning/Building Codes.
American National Bank is here to meet all your banking needs in Danville, VA!
At American National Bank and Trust Company, we believe being local is more than just having an office in the community. Established in 1909 here in Danville, we have a long legacy of helping people and communities thrive. If you’re new to Danville, we can help you buy a house or start a business here. We also offer a complete menu of checking and savings accounts and other services to meet your everyday financial needs. Contact us or visit one of our locations today!